Windows is the world most popular operating system. Developed by tech giant ‘Microsoft’ , the latest OS from its Windows NT family is Windows 10. Though Windows is very user friendly, as compared to other popular operating systems, some users might have found installing it as tough.
There are several ways by which someone can install Windows 10 in their PCs. Whether it be an upgradation from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even installing a new OS completely.
How to install Windows 10 on your PC
Upgradation from Windows 7 or Windows 8-
Microsoft provides an upgrade tool to install Windows 10 on your PC, in case you’re using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 . This tool also enables you to downgrade your PC’s OS from Windows 10 to Windows 8 or even Windows 7.
In case your reason for downloading Windows 10 is different, probably you have experienced upgrading your OS to Windows 10 and have a valid license, you can use the “Download Windows 10 tool”.
Click on “Download Tool Now”. Then run it and select “Upgrade this PC”. The instructions on your monitor will guide you to complete the procedure.
How to clean install Windows 10
In case someone is unwilling to upgrade from Windows 7 or 8, and wants to clean install Windows 10, that is also possible. The steps to do it are:
- All you need to do is to visit Microsoft Download Windows 10 page and click “Download Tool Now”. Run the downloaded file and select “Create Installation Media for another PC”.
- Make sure to select language, edition and architecture by which to install Windows 10.
- If you’re installing it on a 64 bit PC, you need a 64 bit version. Similar is for 32 bit PC, you would need a 32 bit version.
- If you need Windows 10 for the current PC, select the “Use the recommended options for this PC”. This will download the suitable version of Windows 10 for your PC.
- The tool will enable you to copy the Windows 10 installation files to an USB or burn them to a DVD.
- Once the installation media is ready, it should be inserted in the PC where Windows 10 is to be installed. Then the media is to be booted, it may require modifying the boot order in your PC’s BIOS.
- Select Language, Currency format, time and keyboard layout on Windows Setup screen. Click “Next” when done.
- Click on “Install Now” and follow the instructions as given on screen.
- Upon reaching the “Activate Windows” screen, you need to either skip it or enter any key.
- Click “Custom” when “Which type of installation you want?” Appears.
- Select the hard drive where you want to install windows and erase it. If you have multiple partitions, delete them as well.
- When done, you’ll have a big block of “Unallocated Space”. Select it and click “New”. Then “Next” when format is complete.
- Windows 10 will install itself. This process might involve restarting the PC a few times.
When installed, you can add accounts and adjust the Windows settings as per your convenience.