This is the generation where privacy is of utmost importance yet people tend to get into other people’s life via various medium the most successful one being people searching websites.
People search websites are convenient for finding nearly anyone’s personal information-but not so much if you don’t want your own information, including addresses, family members, and known associates, available for all to see. The services provided by these sites are really detailed picture of an individual without knowledge or consent.
How to opt out of the popular people search sites
- Create an email address for this particular purpose without using personal details, cause it’s just for receiving the confirmation mail to verify your removal.
- Go to Spokeo.com and do a name search and be sure to search for different variations of your name such as your maiden name and nickname.
- Click on the results that identifies you. Select your street and state.
- Copy the URL of the page which is carrying all your personal information.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on privacy and the very bottom select opt-out.
- Once the opt-out form opens paste the URL of your profile into one text box and into other your email address.
- You will receive your confirmation in inbox of the email address provided or sometimes it also appears in spam section. Click to confirm you want to remove the listing.
- Spokeo limits you to five removals if there are other listings related to you.
Basically, this is the way for opting out of other popular people search sites for example (MyLife, Intelius, and Whitepages)
If one wants to opt-out of these sites, one easily can cause it’s a hassle-free job. Apart from that these sites can do a lot harm to one.